Tuesday, July 11, 2006

NYC: Candy Fun

My sweet tooth was acting up (nothing new) so we headed into Dylan's Candy Bar.



They've got quite a nice selection of bulk candies and a good selection of retro, foreign and hard-to-find treats. For example, if you love Violet Crumble from Australia or any Cadbury's from the UK or Sugar Babies, you can find them all at Dylan's.



It's slightly overpriced, in my opinion, but that serves as a good deterrant to completely rotting out one's teeth.



So, over at the main bulk candy area, I met these two little girls. They had some cool Dylan's treasure boxes and were filling them up. You get an empty box for a certain fixed price (I think it was like $16 or something?) and then you can fill it up completely with whatever candies you like.



I would have LOVED this as a kid. Organizing and categorizing candy. Type-A bliss.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger melissa said...

When I was a kid I would divide my bag of gummy bears into each color and then arrange them in a line according to frequency so that I could eat them evenly. How did I end up being so disorganized as an adult?

Have you been to Economy Candy in the LES? (108 Rivington Street)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home