Friday, March 31, 2006

It's So Easy Eating Greenz

I got some interesting greens at the farmer's market.

The name escapes me, something like "broccoli spirella" comes to mind but I tried looking that up online and can't find reference. Mystery greens! If anyone has a guess (or knows) please comment.



Anyway, these greens were really delicious. I discarded the stems (too twiggy) and sautéed the spiral leaves in olive oil with onions, garlic and a little salt.



Wow! Really yum. And it doesn't taste anything like broccoli... maybe there's no connection. It is not like rapini, it's completely different. I would say more like the texture and tase of the resulting baby that would be born if kale got busy with collard.

I will buy more, even if I have to run around asking for it as "that green squiggly stuff."

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

No idea what those are, but they sound delicious! I'll keep my eye on my Farmer's Market which (thankfully) begins tomorrow, and let you know if I see them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home