Monday, January 23, 2006

Documentary: The Future of Food

Last night we watched a documentary directed by Deborah Koons (Jerry Garcia's wife!) called The Future of Food.

It's an interesting piece about genetically modified foods and the possible dangers therein. It also exposes horrendous issues like small farmer (Percy Schmeiser) VS. giant conglomerate (Monsanto). Scary!

This film most definitely takes a point of view and does not purport to show "both sides of the issue," but I still found it fodder for thought and a launch pad for further research. Besides, I like a point of view. Especially when it's the right one.

It is most definitely worth 88 min. of your time if you care at all about what you put into your body and the people who grow it. And of course you do! A must-watch for all foodies, chowhounds, chefs, and thoughtful individuals.

Watch the trailer here.

Join The Campaign to Label Genetically Engineered Food here.

Maybe a comment if you've seen it? ...

3 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

I loved this documentary and is one of the few things I've gone to see by myself on a whim (while I would regularly...not watch movies, especially by myself). Surely wasn't showing both sides of the issue, but I can't believe it was way off either. In a sense, it's one of the scariest films anyone could ever watch. ;) It's too bad that not a lot of people have seen it though.

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing this important issue to our attention! I had never heard of this documentary but will most certainly look for it now.

(By the way, I'm a big fan of your blog!)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

hi Robyn and Ivonne - thanks for visiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home