Friday, March 10, 2006

Po' Man's Paella

So check it. It was late, I was tired, hungry, and I wanted something hot to eat. There was not much in the house by way of food, so I started rooting around. About 20 minutes later this was dinner:



That's right, foodtastical friends. A tasty meal that's somewhere above white trash and somewhere below authentic. And I did it faster and less annoyingly than Rachael What's Her Name.

Into large pan:
leftover brown & wild rice cooked earlier in the week and frozen in a baggie
frozen peas
frozen artichoke hearts (Trader Joe's)
can of clam sauce (Trader Joe's)
can of fire-roasted tomatoes
teaspoon of Vegeta soup base
turmeric for yellowness (I had no saffron on hand)

Into frying pan:
Tofurkey Italian sausages, cut into long discs and fried golden brown

Instructions:
cook it all up.

I am telling you, it was really damn good for being made almost entirely from stuff that came out of the freezer or cans! Partner in Crime said, "Wow! How'd you make gumbo so quick?!" I said, standing akimbo, "It is not gumbo, it is paella". He said, "Whatever. Can we eat it now or are you going to take pictures of it all night?"

We put some habanero hot sauce on top and it was tasty.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowzers, that looks lovely! I'll be trying that soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home