Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscarâ„¢ Night Organic Celery & Cauli Soup with Fresh Tarragon



Straight from the organic delivery box into the pot and then down the gullet! This soup was delicious hot and even better the next day served cold.

I'd like to bring it to your attention that I concocted (heh heh I said coc!) the soup to be the exact same color as my Blogger background. Yes, it is because I am such a dedicated blogger and I know you foodreaders will appreciate my dedication to style and form. I love yous for that.

ADDITIONALLY this soup matches the color of 90% of dresses worn to the Academy Awards. You see, this is v. important in an Oscar-day posting! Coordination at all costs.

So basically...

1 head celery
1 head cauliflower
3 onions
3 scallions
1 TBSP butter
fresh tarragon
fresh ground black pepper
freshly-grated nutmeg
sea salt
unsweetened soy milk
a bit of sweetened almond milk
cayenne to taste
dash of vinegar

cayenne or paprika & creme fraiche, sour cream or soy yogurt for garnish if desired

Today I ate one of the organic mangoes from the delivery box - oooooh! It was magically delicious. Mangoes (good ones) are perhaps one of the best tasting things on the planet. I am not religious, but a good mango gets me thinking about thanking someone for that taste. Can I get a witness, people?

Partner in Crime states that the 'ganic pears and apples are also tasty. The little grape tomatoes are not as sweet as the organic mixed yellow/red ones we get from trader Joes, but not bad. But Organic Express' test is not done yet!

3 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger reshma said...

looks so pretty too!
and about mangoes, biting into a juicy, golden mango... sheer joy.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Kate Croft said...

Thanks for visiting Pie in the Sky! This looks so yummy. Your picture is beautiful! I'm always looking for new ways to disguise cauliflower for J because he claims he doesn't like it =)

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Hallelujah for a good mango! I used to date a mango-phobe, which was just horrible, let me tell you.

The soup looks absolutely luscious and amen to next day cold being good as well. The ultimate test of a good soup, imo, is whether the flavors are as good cold as hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home