Thursday, March 02, 2006

Organic Deliverance

Yay! It's here!



This guy thought I was nutters for snapping a photo of him in delivery mode.



And here it is, the moment we've all been waiting for.



Ahhh! A box of organic delight!



I have to say, the produce is beautiful. The Swiss chard is perfect, the beets and tops are perfect, the fruit looks wonderful.

Is this enough stuff to warrant $29? Well, I didn't have to shop for it, and it's a great selection. I will have to do the math. Stay tuned for taste tests and cooking adventures.

6 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Liz said...

That looks amazing! I'll definitely be checking back to see what you make of it all.

Enjoy!

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those mangoes? Yum!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Aw man, I want a produce delivery too. ;)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Kate Croft said...

Organic Delivery is certainly a step up from delivery services that only offer conventional produce...but delivery services offer up one additional problem: the environmental abuse they endorse, caused by their huge, fuel-inefficient delivery trucks! The next step for grocery delivery services is not only to offer organic, but also locally-grown produce, brought to your door by hybrid vehicles!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

kate, you are SOOO right about this. I have been trying to work out whether it's better for the environment for me (and every other organic consumer) to drive separately to the organic co-op when i need stuff, or whether it's better to partake in this delivery service.

I know that I can only get delivery on Tuesdays because that's when they deliver in my area. So they don't go running around willy-nilly - they do plan and economise in that way.

I have to figure out the milage and the math!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger polly + dieter said...

i love the fact you documented the delivery of the veggies. i found myself looking forward to the next episode of "ep goes organic."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home