Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Experiment: You Got Your Mint in My Chocolate!

Previously, I posted about how much I love Mint m&m's and how hard they are to find. Well, I ate my last handful this week and set out frantically searching for more. I could not find them anywhere. But lo. Lo ho ho. Look who else has hopped on the Chocomint train!

There are so many insulin insulting choices.

And we need to find out who's our Minty Daddy.

Therefore, I now present to you the next in a celebrated history of candy taste-tests, You Got Your Mint in My Chocolate and... I Want You to Leave it There!

First up, the ubiquitous Hershey's Miniatures (which, of course, is just a big f*ing LIE of a name since everyone knows you have to eat at least 8 at a sitdown, which equals more than a regular-size bar):



There are THREE different minty choices in the Miniatures bag, each one deserving its own separate judgment. Note the Bag says "Chocolate Mint Collection". Oh. Excuse me. I didn't know it was a "collection." I just thought it was a bag of diabetes. Now I am doubly intrigued.

Then, we'll taste their cousin, the Chocolate Mint Hershey's Kisses:



Though you might think Hershey's is Hershey's... I suspect (based on years of candy-testing expertise) that this may not be the case. And both of the Hershey's products let us know how special they are by the "Limited Edition" mark.

Then, we'll slum it a bit with Minty Bells:



These are brought to you by PalmerĀ®, and the fact that they have to write "with a rich chocolatey taste" as a selling point is a warning that things might get scary.

Then, we'll recover with some Ghirardelli Chocolate Peppermint Bark:



The back of the package alerts me to the fact that I can "Experience moments of timeless pleasure..." Ok. Bring it. Also limited edition, of course.

And to top things off, because they were handed to me as a free treat at Trader Joe's the other day, and free rocks... the Trader Joe's Dipped Candy Cane Thingies:



Stay tuned and get ready to fly on the magical carpet of Chocomint taste satisfaction. Results coming up in the next post. If you don't hear from me in 48 hours, I've fallen and I can't get up. Call for help.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid we may soon see you on "Intervention" for chocomint addiction.

 
At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

box chocolateif you have a sweet tooth for chocolate, then you must simply tatse the flavours of Peru, after all it's where chocolate came from!http://www.lesucreonline.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home